Map Toolkit (MapTk)
Version 4.3.1 of MapTk (2018-06-01)
- Freeware, maps are not signed
- Scripting to change maps in MP file format
- Compiling MP-files to Garmin image files
- Automatic routing, including turn restrictions>
- Automated generating of a project, i.e. compile all changed sources
- Generating of the TDB-, REG-, MDR- and TYP-files
- Index for searching cities, streets and POIs in BaseCamp, MapSource and GPS receivers
- DEM for hillshading, profile calculation, ...
- Create an overview map from one or more detailed maps
- REG-file to declare the set of maps in Windows registry
- Converting from and into the GMAP format
- Work on TYP files with a graphical editor, library for POI icons
- Create TYP-files, also for existing sets of maps like 'City Select' or 'Topo Germany V2'
- Analyse / decompile of IMG-, TDB- and TYP-files
- Change transparency and draw priority of any IMG-file
- GPX functions ( conversion, filter, combine, mask )
History and more details see here:
- 'IMG/MP' -> 'Reorganize' can be used again without a project file.
- Python version 2.7.15.
- New: Extra button to produce GMAP format from current project.
Version 4.30 of map (2018-02-15)
- Free map for Garmin devices
- Index for streets, trails, cities and POIs
- Automatic routing for pedestrian
- Digital elevation model.
- Map data from AUTONOME PROVINZ BOZEN-SÜDTIROL (Amt für überörtliche Raumordnung 27.1)
- Digital elevation model (DEM) added.
- Improvements and corrections.
- Compiled by MapTk 4.1.7
New BaseCamp (version 4.7.0) and MapInstall (version 4.2.0) are not able to transfer registry based
maps into the GPS device. Use the GMAP button after MAKE to produce maps by MapTk or download the GMAP
version of the Südtirol map.
The GMAP folder must be copied or unpacked into the Garmin map folder. The folder in Windows is
'c:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Maps\'. This folder is normally hidden.
An alternative solution is to store the GMAP anywhere in the system and add a link to this folder in
the garmin map folder. An other alternative is to convert any map in IMG format to the GMAP format.
One of the tools to do that is MapTk: Menu 'GMAP' -> 'Convert to GMAP format'. The source and the
destination folder must be chosen.
MapTk will never request personal data.
A random cookie is used until end of session.
Bandwidth: > 1000 kByte/s
Dowloads: 176266 files (1257.2 GBytes), 2815888 hits
Uptime: (11 days) 19:07:26