Map Toolkit (MapTk)
Version 4.3.1 of MapTk (2018-06-01)
- Freeware, maps are not signed
- Scripting to change maps in MP file format
- Compiling MP-files to Garmin image files
- Automatic routing, including turn restrictions>
- Automated generating of a project, i.e. compile all changed sources
- Generating of the TDB-, REG-, MDR- and TYP-files
- Index for searching cities, streets and POIs in BaseCamp, MapSource and GPS receivers
- DEM for hillshading, profile calculation, ...
- Create an overview map from one or more detailed maps
- REG-file to declare the set of maps in Windows registry
- Converting from and into the GMAP format
- Work on TYP files with a graphical editor, library for POI icons
- Create TYP-files, also for existing sets of maps like 'City Select' or 'Topo Germany V2'
- Analyse / decompile of IMG-, TDB- and TYP-files
- Change transparency and draw priority of any IMG-file
- GPX functions ( conversion, filter, combine, mask )
History and more details see here:
- 'IMG/MP' -> 'Reorganize' can be used again without a project file.
- Python version 2.7.15.
- New: Extra button to produce GMAP format from current project.
Version 4.42 of map (2018-08-08)
- Free map for Garmin devices
- Index for streets, trails, cities and POIs
- Automatic routing for pedestrian
- Digital elevation model.
- Map data from AUTONOME PROVINZ BOZEN-SÜDTIROL (Amt für überörtliche Raumordnung 27.1)
- Borders in the basemap.
- Tile Toblach splitted (Ahrntal / Toblach).
- 10700 named farms added as geographical POI.
- Some POIs added, many korrections.
- Compiled with MapTk 4.3.1.
- Version 4.42: Routing in 'Bozen Süd' fixed.
New BaseCamp (version 4.7.0) and MapInstall (version 4.2.0)
are not able to transfer registry based
maps (IMG format) into the GPS device. In MapTk use the GMAP button after MAKE to produce the map GMAP format.
Download the GMAP version of the Südtirol map instead setup for Windows.
The GMAP folder must be copied into the Garmin map folder. This folder in Windows is
'c:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Maps\'. This folder is normally hidden.
An alternative solution is to store the GMAP folder anywhere in the system and add a link in
the garmin map folder.
Registry based maps can be converted to the GMAP format.
One of the tools to do that is MapTk: Menu 'GMAP' -> 'Convert to GMAP format'. The source and the
destination folder must be chosen. The registry entry must be removed after copy to the Garmin map folder in Windows:
Menu 'Registry' -> 'Delete from registry'.
MapTk will never request personal data.
A random cookie is used until end of session.
Bandwidth: > 1000 kByte/s
Dowloads: 178259 files (1300.7 GBytes), 2855843 hits